What happens when your products are not ductile?
There is a common misconception that G10 components do not perform well in extreme environments. The reality is, unlike chain, the grade of a component does not correlate to hardness. Therefore, both the hardness and charpy values of a component, like a master link, must be evaluated to determine if the hardware is suitable for harsh conditions. Basing the decision on grade alone can put people and property at serious risk.
What is hydrogen embrittlement and what can I do to mitigate the risk?
Global Product Manager - Felix Nyberg
Causes for Hydrogen induced cracking
How to mitigate corrosion in a marine environment?
How to recognize fatigue?
What is fatigue?
- Fatigue is the weakening of material caused by repeated loads that leads to growth of a crack
- Fatigue can occur at lower load than WLL
Factors affecting fatigue
- The properties of the steel
- Choose a product that is designed and tested for longer fatigue life
- Corrosion protection
- Choose a product with higher WLL
Stages of fatigue1. Crack Inititation
- Usually at weak points or damaged areas.
2. Crack Growth
- Slowly at first and then more rapidly
3. Catastrophic Failure
Vertically integrated manufacturing includes:
Cross checking raw materials
Design & engineering
User manual & documentation
Learn more about our production plant in Växjö, Sweden.